Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MLA Scholarship Report #3

From Michele C. Monson, Director - Two Harbors Public Library:

I am writing to say thank you! I am so grateful that I was chosen for an NCLC scholarship to attend the Minnesota Library Association's annual conference in Duluth. Thanks to your generous support, I was able to attend the entire conference, and my three Library Assistants were each able to attend for a day. NCLC provided an opportunity that we would not have otherwise had.

I've been working in Minnesota Libraries for the past five years, but am new to being a Library Director (I just completed my second month on the job...still learning!) I found the conference to be extremely valuable: I attended sessions on library design, board gaming in the library (something that we hope to implement in the next year or so), and many others. I enjoyed the keynote speakers and chatting with other library staff from around the state. I also had a chance to meet some of the other Arrowhead Directors and staff - people that, without the conference, I would have just known by name.

MLA was a great experience for me. It came at the perfect time - a few months into my new position, when I've got the day-to-day operations of the library down and can start thinking about the "big picture". Thank you again for your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment